WHY HIRE A PROFESSIONAL
VS. A "HOBBY" SITTER
1. Certified Member of Professional Organizations: Becoming a member of Fear Free and the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) was very important to me. These industry organizations provide valuable continuing education and other resources which allow me to continuously improve my pet care skills.
2. Dedicated to Continuing Education: When it comes to quality pet care, I believe there is always more to learn. That's why continuing education is so important to me. I frequently attend webinars and invest my time in certification courses to stay up to date on the latest information.
3. Trained in Pet First Aid and CPR: Knowing how to react in an emergency is crucial and your pet's safety is something I take very seriously. I'm trained in pet first aid and CPR through ProPetHero, Rutgers Pet Care School and NAPPS. In case of emergency, I always carry a first aid kit in my car and on dog adventure hikes.
4. Trained to Administer Medications: During my four years in the veterinary technician program at Becker College, I had many opportunities to practice medication administration. I gained practical experience in several veterinary hospitals including Salmon Brook Veterinary Hospital and Colchester Veterinary Hospital.
5. Convenient Booking Software: The Time To Pet website and mobile app make it easy to manage your pet's information, communicate with your sitter or walker, request services, make payments and much more.
6. GPS Updates and Visit Report Cards: One benefit of using our Time To Pet software is that you'll receive a visit report card at the end of each visit. You can rest easy knowing details of the visit, such as whether your pet ate their dinner or went potty. We're also able to send pictures and GPS updates!
7. Fully Insured and Bonded: I'm a fully insured and bonded member of Pet Sitters Associates (member ID 75999). My insurance not only protects me but you and your pets as well.
8. Thorough Service Agreement and Policies: My service agreement and policies were carefully created to allow me to provide exceptional care for both pets and their humans.
9. Emergency and Backup Plans: What would happen if a snowstorm, car accident or illness prevented your pet sitter from arriving for their visit? As a professional, I've considered these situations and created backup plans. For example, I network with other area sitters who can step in as needed.
10. Commitment to You and Your Pet: Caring for your pet isn't just my hobby or side-gig. I'm so passionate about animals that I made caring for them my career. That means a full-time commitment to your pets!
11. Core Values: As a small business owner, it was important to me to establish my core values. Compassion, safety, transparency, education and integrity are the values that my business is centered around.
12. A Local Small Business: I was raised in Enfield, Suffield and Granby. These towns are close to my heart and I'm grateful to serve those who love them just as much as I do. I know you have many options for pet care, so I want to thank you for considering my small business!